Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ummmmmmmah

 No, this is not exactly the post I was intending to write. What can I say! I am the queen of unfinished posts.
But something happened yesterday that made me want to post about it immediately but was not able to do
so.Well here I am now. Despite the build up, it is nothing humongous but rather sweet and cute. If you have
not guessed it from the title, yes it is about a kiss..My very first..baby kiss.(What did you think I was going to write?) After all beti ki ma hum so... err..never mind..
 After months of being at the receiving end of kisses, hugs and every other external expressions of affection
showered upon her little self, yesterday my darling little baby girl reciprocated. Kup kissed me. But being rather dim at times, I didn't realise she had. Probably understanding her mum's slow response, she repeated the gesture..That 's when my brain lighted up.
 She always puts her arms around the neck whenever I or her papa pick her up. She'd squeeze too once
 in a while but I always thought it was to get a good grip on me. Especially since this often happens when I am a few minutes late in picking her up, like if I am cooking or in the bathroom. Then if I pick her up, she puts her arms and legs tightly around me as if afraid to let go. I just never thought about it as much.With SN she never does this, probably because of scratchy cheeks. His nieces also complain about the 'mullu" ie thorns in Malayalam. I'm probably the only advocate of the two days-growth which I think is really cool even for a nerdy geek..However his parents thinks he looks like a homeless delinquent instead of a respectable bacha ka baap. But coming back to Kup, I've seen her holding on to his shoulders or his collars; whichever is available when he's holding her. She also loves to bite our noses but here papa is the clear favorite. Probably because there is so much more of his nose in the first place. Since she is teething, she bites down quite hard at times.
 We had got off on a pretty normal start to our day..getting up, changing, diapering, the routine. After the
mid-morning nap, we were video-chatting with my parents and my sis(Kup"s Auntie Jo) who is home for
a change.. After some crawling and playing around from two sides of the globe, I began to feed her lunch.
After the doc's recommendation, once a day I give her baby food. Though I would've preferred avoiding the commercial stuff as far as possible, the fact remains that Kup is a bit underweight. I prefer the brand called Bleding. They have their products labelled for each month and most of them are complete meals. Kup used to love their spinach, but now we've moved onto the combo meals. The feeding was going on well with Jo,
Appacha and Ammachi acting as cheerleaders. I was having her on my lap and she finished it quickly enough. After cleaning the remains, we were in the same position, when without warning, she reached up
and nuzzled my cheek, holding my right cheek with her other hand. It was over fast and her audience of three witnessed it too. In fact they told me it was meant as a kiss. And then she did it again. This time I could
really appreciate it too.
 It made me feel quite warm inside. Of course I know my baby loves me and needs me and all that stuff. But
it is so special to have the little one express it herself..For all I know she might have been wiping her mouth.  
Still I like to think of it as my first baby kiss. My Kupkiss. I wish I'd been able to take a picture. As it is, this one will have to do. It took quite some time to wipe the idiotic grin off my face. Next time must get her to do it while he is there.
Speaking of SN, he tried to act all non chalant while I excitedly told him of this.( Will I never learn?) But
later that night, I got immense satisfaction hearing him ask Kup to give papa a kiss as well since mama
already had got one. So much for non-chalance he he. So on this note let me end this learned discourse.
Good-night folks.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... Good to know Kup is already expressing her affection :) I was about to ask whether the father is happy about missing the first kiss !!

    So when will we get the 'unfinished posts'...

    ReplyDelete